Seeking Volunteers for an Exercise Research Study with SweatID
No two people sweat the same.
Your sweat is as unique as your fingerprint.
The SweatID system is being developed as a platform that is capable of non-invasively teaching users about their unique sweat profile to promote healthier lifestyles.
The Sweat ID system consists of an armband, a small set of electronics, and a disposable, one-time use sensor. Our selective electrolyte sensor is functionalized to directly measure sweat sodium during physical activity. The SweatID app connects to the electronics via Bluetooth and provides users with the accurate information needed to build a personalized hydration plan on your own or with the assistance of a personal trainer or dietician.
Join Us for a Free Sweat Test Study
- EWe are currently offering free lab sweat tests for anyone over the age of 18
- EWe have access to two exercise science lab locations for testing: The University of Akron and Cleveland State University
- EYou will be required to run for 90 minutes (with an additional 10-minute warmup) on an indoor treadmill. The entire sweat test should take 2 ½ to 3 hours.
- EYou will receive a full data report based on your exercise session that includes sodium concentration data from the SweatID system as well as two sweat analyzers
- EYou will receive a free “resting” sweat test where a pilocarpine gel is used on the forearm to induce sweating
- EAll of the data that you receive will give you an idea of how your body loses sodium during exercise. This data can be analyzed by a coach, dietitian, or other qualified professional to help you build a hydration plan.
Name: Subject 1
Test Date: 2023-02-05
The ambient temperature was: 25(C) (77F)
Sensor Number: 4A810A
You exercised for: 73 minutes
You drank: 621mL of fluid (21oz)
Your exercise type was: Treadmill run
Your estimated whole body sweat rate was: 621 mL/hr (21oz/hr)
Your plateau sweat sodium concentration was: 75+/-11 mM (51+/-8mg/oz)
Your total sodium lost was: 1071+/-160 mg
Choose a Location to Schedule Your Free SweatID Test:
University of Akron
Cleveland State University
For more information visit yoursweatid.com Or contact Chelsea Monty-Bromer, Sweat ID, cmontybromer@YourSweatID.com