We provide science to accurately measure sodium concentrations of an athlete’s sweat in real-time and provide actionable and digestible data to build a personalized hydration plan.
SweatID uses a proprietary, nonwoven fabric sensor to provide users with rehydration strategies based on real-time data generated by identifying the exact amount of sodium in sweat.
Our Patented Process
SweatID is more than a wearable sensor. Our sensor system directly measures sodium concentration out of all the electrolytes present in sweat to accurately, and in real time, deliver wellness data using a comfortable, and a skin-friendly disposable unit.
1. Nonwoven fabric base is electrospun.
2. The fabric base is made to be conductive by dipping it into a solution of carbon nanotubes.
3. The carbon nanotubes on the fabric are treated to make them sensitive to sodium.
4. As the sodium binds, the resistance of the material changes, which allows the sodium to be precisely measured.
5. The disposable fabric sensor is integrated into reusable clothing and uses Bluetooth technology to send data to the connected application on the user's phone.
6. The app uses the sensor output to categorize the user into a sodium elimination tier and customizes a plan to promote optimal performance, prevent dehydration, and aid in muscular recovery.
Eliminates Hydration Guess-and-Check
Proper hydration is a delicate dance and must be individualized. Gender, age, fitness level, weather and other factors can affect how much hydration we require. The SweatID system analyzes sodium levels on the skin in real-time and provides users with data they need to rehydrate appropriately.
Provides Customized Hydration Plans
Typically, we’re forced to rely on our biological response “drink to thirst,” which is not always a dependable warning. Having too much water can cause overhydration, and not having enough can cause dehydration. Once activated, the sensor uses sodium resistance to categorize the user into a low, medium, or high-sodium elimination tier. From there – the algorithm provides a personalized hydration strategy specifically tailored to their unique body chemistry.
Helps Prevent Dehydration Consequences
Electrolyte imbalance can cause:
- Increased Heart Rate
- Increased Respiratory Rate
- Decreased Blood Pressure
All the physiological changes created by dehydration can lead to cardiovascular stress and fatigue, resulting in decreased performance. The SweatID system pinpoints electrolyte levels and provides rehydration strategies created to address dehydration issues before they happen.
Eliminates Impractical Hydration Testing Strategies
With the current lack of reliable real-time hydration technology, people in high-sweat situations are left to rely solely on instinctive responses or a variety of impractical hydration indicators such as:
- Blood/Urine Analysis
- Urine Color Test
- Nude Body Mass
The SweatID patch integrates directly into SweatID compatible clothing and accessories that maintain direct skin contact, eliminating the need for inconvenient and expensive testing methods that get in the way of activities.
Optimized for Comfort and Hygiene
Our patented sensors are made from soft, breathable fabric, so there’s no need to worry about common problems associated with traditional plastic testing patches like:
- Unpleasant chafing
- Misleading sweat concentration patterns
- Patch sweat-through
- Sticky adhesives
- Dyes and skin discoloration
The single-use functionality eliminates the possibility of inaccurate readings, contamination, and the need to wash and dry.
Just snap in a new sweat sensor and get moving!
Athletes — Interested In Testing SweatID Technology?
We’re always looking for athletes to help us test our technology. If you’d like to participate, please sign up for notifications and testing opportunities.